Monday 29 December 2008

End of Year Preview

As the end of 2008 draws nearer, bloggers galore are offering their reviews of 2008. Bish reviews his blogging year, and also tells us his top Christian books, his top fiction books and his top films of 2008. Tom, Peter and Dave have also offered their top films of 2008, and the chaps at proGnosis have had a look back at their blogging year. I thought I ought to keep up, but I haven't exactly been the most diligent of bloggers. So I decided I'd do something a bit different...

The past year has been a bit mind-boggling. Loads has happened, and I've got a lot to be very thankful to God for. In fact, I'm not sure where I'd start (although probably here, here, here, here or here...). So, instead of a REview of 2008, I give you a PREview of 2009. Here are a few things I'm looking forward to in the coming year, God willing:

  • New Year in Southend - I'm going to be seeing the back of 2008 in Southend-on-Sea... seems sort of fitting really.
  • Staff Conference - a week with my quality colleagues, with some special guests. Apparently I'm signed up for something called 'Blitz', but I can't let my boss think I'm a wuss...
  • FREE Weeks - giving out hundreds of copies of Mark's gospel to students, then explaining what it means. Awesome.
  • New Leaders Training - Basically, getting together student leaders from all over the South East. This year Michael Green (Legend) will be joining us. I still can't quite believe I get paid to go to stuff like this.
  • Anna's 21st Birthday - she'd be grumpy if I didn't mention it...
  • New Word Alive 2009 - promises to be an exciting Bible-centred week of Jesus-related fun (although it's in North Wales, and I almost got hypothermia last year).
  • Summer Mission - more details about this soon, but it's going to be good.
  • Forum 2009 - basically, there is absolutely no way the weather could be as bad as last year, so things can only get better. Good job too - I've already volunteered to camp... But the weather is a minor detail. Forum is always a highlight, and this year I might actually have a clue what's going on!

And these are just some of the things I know about - I've already figured out that it will probably be a slightly unpredictable year. But I'm pretty excited. Bring on 2009!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still can't quite believe Nay convinced Michael Green to speak at your weekend. It'll be legendary.