Friday 1 August 2008

MRTU: It's a Tragedy

There's definitely more to come on reaching non-readers with the gospel - I've found lots of resources which I'll be working my way through. But I thought I'd take a break to have a More Random Than Usual post...

I'm currently finishing my job. Technically I finished working for Ferndale Baptist Church yesterday, and am unemployed until I start my new job with UCCF on 18th August. Oddly my first day of freedom seems quite similar to yesterday - I'm still sitting at my desk doing odds and ends. I think I may be like Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption, institutionalised and unable to function in the real world...

But it's been having a weird nostalgia-inducing effect on me (I was actually looking at my old school's website today quite randomly). And then I found this on youtube:



Why does no-one do it like this anymore? This was probably my favourite steps cover (even including Better The Devil You Know)! I miss cheesy pop with hideously complicated dance routines. And I miss Steps, (even though they ruined Christmas 2001 by splitting on Boxing Day). So, for your viewing and listening pleasure, here are some more classics...

(Specially selected so you can see the dance moves!)

5,6,7,8


Last Thing On My Mind


And, of course, Tragedy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!

I just hope UCCF know what they are getting themselves into!

Although you could always carve out an alternative career doing covers from High School Musical!